Friday, February 08, 2008

Something borrowed, something blue...and orange

Rolling out a new feature here at Mets Guy today. Actually it’s a borrowed feature.

One of the joys of blogging is that you get to meet all kinds of nice people. One who found me was Dan, from Ohio, who roots for the Indians and does cool things like play in Wiffle Ball tournaments.

Dan’s blog, Deezo Feezo, was required reading because of his slightly off-kilter take on life -- mostly sports, bad television and his hunt for a decent meal.

My favorite feature was his “Friday Five” -- five things collected for their coolness and randomness. Life goes by too quickly, and once in a while we need to pause and take stock of the little things that make it special.

Alas, Dan put his blogging on hiatus and my Fridays were just not as complete. We exchanged e-mail this week, and he said he hopes to be back someday. I think the Indians’ playoff collapse and the demise of “The O.C.” was just too much for him.

In the meantime, he has entrusted me with the Friday Five. And I shall keep it warm until he returns. And I'll take better care of it than, say, Tim Burton did with the "Planet of the Apes" franchise.

And so, I present to you the Deezo Friday Five.



1) Johan Santana wearing the traditional Mets pinstripes at his introductory press conference.


2) Dancing Bear. How much better would things be today if Dancing Bear was unleashed on an unsuspecting world?


3) Jimmy John’s “Big John.” Best. Sandwich. Ever.


4) “Mutts” homage to “The Big Lebowski.


5) “Dead Zone” Season Four. I watch DVDs on the treadmill and I’m working through DZ right now. I’m not seeing as much of Sarah in this season. I don’t know if that means the writers ran out of things for her to do, or Nicole DeBoer was too busy running around Star Trek conventions to show up on the set.


Enjoy the weekend.

No comments: